Welcome fruitlings and vegetables to another monthly post. As Fruitlympics draws to a close and Prison continues to celebrate its monumental victory, everyone from Survival and Skyblock has spent the past week sobbing over the thrashing they received (yes this post will be littered with references to our win, no complaints)! If you'd like me to stop gloating about our victory, please leave a comment below. Now, let's get on with the actual post!
Make sure you take a moment to thank everyone involved in planning, co-ordinating, and running Fruitlympics 2019 because it turned out to be our most successful one yet. The underdogs ran away with the victory but it was incredible to see so many players come together and support their server. There are too many names to list here, but I'll take a moment to give a shout out to Ahtnamas80, demski, along with the Event-C and Build teams for pulling off such a memorable series of events. Go Prison! On another note, the crafting comp has ended and a couple of lucky winners will be walking away with a massive perk voucher. Congratulations to the winners!
Special shout out to Skyblock for demolishing their donation goal so convincingly this month, Prison and Survival have also done very admirably. Keep up the support everyone, lots of fun things coming your way this year! For those who haven't noticed, a bunch of new pets were added to the store this past week. If you've ever wanted to have your own little dragon strutting alongside you, now's your chance!
Huge thank you to everyone who has been voting regularly - voting has been super competitive as of late. Once more there are far too many winners who've tied for first place so we will be doing things differently this time. Over the weekend we'll find an adequate way to reward all of the top voters as a $5 voucher doesn't seem like a large enough reward for such consistent voting. Congratulations to Stockerz + dallasyan + breusa + distractible + foxxility + elrosecroize + avalon03 + SkellyBG. Please bear in mind votes get tallied prior to the post being written so some last minute votes that you sneak in probably won't get counted.
Congratulations to RebornIV, SkellyBG, and ExpressoYourself! July marked the return of build competitions and we were happy to see the number of entries. Miss _Ravioli has thrown up a couple of threads for people to brainstorm build competition ideas, be sure to get involved in them. I'll let her explain the theme for August now.
Hey guys and welcome to our next build comp! First of a massive congratulations to our three winners! During the most recent competition we received a lot of feedback about how to make the build comp more accessible to everyone, so this months theme is broad…. But also very specific. This month we want you to build us something that shows us your FAVOURITE VIDEO GAME (a shoutout to Dusked_ for this epic theme suggestion)!!! As per usual there are some rules you need to follow, so be sure to read them before you begin!!
- The build must be a Maximum of a 70 (length) x 70 (width) x 120 (height) blocks. To stay within this boundary, we suggest creating a border to work within.
- The build must contain something to do with a videogame OTHER than Minecraft!
- Build must be completed by August 30th 8pm AEDST.
- You must work alone, if you do not you will be disqualified.
- All entries must be built on the creative server.
- As cool as pixel art is, this isn’t the place for it, we understand that some builds may involve some pixel art parts, but we do not want a build of JUST pixel art.
- Don’t copy another person’s work, whether it be from in or outside of the server. BE ORIGINAL!
- We need at LEAST 5 people to participate to hand out prizes, so spread the word!
- This build needs to have been started and completed within the month of August.
- Completed entries that don't earn a prize will net the builder a token on their server of choice, the winner will also have their build displayed near the creative servers spawn. If you have suggestions for themes for future build competitions, please let us know in this forum thread.
FruitServers is an amazing community because of the people that are a part of it. Every month one player and one staff member from Survival, Skyblock and Prison are selected and acknowledged for their contribution to the server, whether it be ingame or behind the scenes. Congratulations to everyone mentioned below! Although these winners were all selected for different reasons, the common theme is their participation in Fruitlympics this year. Their support for their server made these players the obvious choices.
Survival, Prison, and Skyblock are lucky to have such strong moderating teams, however we are always accepting applications for all of our staff roles. Our wonderful Event and Build Teams in particular are still looking to grow so if you'd like to be a part of something special do consider looking into these roles. Think you have what it takes to join one of these fantastic teams? Submit an application at www.fruitservers.net/staff
As mentioned in previous months we always look forward to hearing feedback from you guys about possible improvements. If you have ideas, please share them with us either through the website, in-game, or via discord. We want to know what you think!
I look forward to seeing you all in-game!
End of Post.